Support to Help You Manage Financial Stressors
Are you struggling to adapt to a recent change in your finances? Is your relationship being strained by financial challenges? Perhaps you are living on your own for the first time and are anxious about paying your bills, enjoying life, and saving money for the future. At City Counseling Center, we work with young adults and adults to help them understand and manage their financial stressors. Our counselors also help individuals understand how they handle their money to identify areas for improvement.
If you are anxious or depressed about money, we can help.
What is Financial Therapy?
Common Response to Severe Economic Hardship
- Difficulties with sleep (such as falling asleep, staying asleep, or sleeping too much)
- Difficulties with food (overeating or under-eating)
- Physical symptoms (suc as high blood pressure, upset stomach, tension, or chronic pain, etc.)
- Recurring thoughts about financial struggles
Financial Situations People Commonly Report as Stressful
- Moving out and managing personal finances for the first time
- High levels of debt and insufficient funds to pay it off
- An unexpected loss of income or assets
- Increase in financial responsibilities (such as caring for a sick family member or new child)
- Differences in spending habits between people who share income
- Compulsive spending
- Gambling problems
- Foreclosure or bankruptcy
Compassionate Support for Growth
At City Counseling Center, we work with young adults and adults to develop the essential financial skills and habits necessary to live a meaningful life beyond the stressors of money. If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to conquer your challenges, you are not alone. The counselors at City Counseling Center are dedicated to helping you and your loved ones identify and overcome the obstacles impacting their life. From establishing boundaries and managing anxiety to processing trauma or loss, we are here to help through the difficulties regardless of what you are dealing with.
We understand that there is no “one size fits all” approach to therapy. We create an inclusive space where people of all ages will feel comfortable expressing their feelings and emotions. Our therapeutic approaches are unique to your specific needs and goals. Our team leverages their experience and diverse backgrounds to create individualized treatment plans designed to help you or your child manage the ups and downs of life.