City Counseling Center is a fast-growing group practice in the Chicago area, founded in 2015 in Chicago’s historic Bronzeville neighborhood, City Counseling Center is looking to grow the team with lots of potential for professional growth, and to continue the mission of serving the diverse communities of our wonderful city.
Grounded in a deep understanding of relational therapy, we believe that a key component to understanding people lies in supporting a diversity of human experience. We recognize that no one person or relationship is exactly the same. We are passionate about helping people find their authentic joy to experience their most fulfilling lives free of the weight of past traumas, anxiety, or depression.
Clinicians of color and LBGTQ+ therapists are strongly encouraged to apply as we desire our practice to look like the people we serve.
To create a family of counselors who work together to cultivate a nurturing, welcoming, and judgment-free space where individuals can grow, evolve, and heal.
City Counseling Center is seeking full and part time clinicians to our south side practice.
Candidates for this position
- Partially licensed (LPC) or fully licensed (LCPC, LCSW).
- Skill in professional counseling/talk therapy
- Interact professionally and ethically with persons of diverse cultural, racial, socioeconomic, LGBTQ backgrounds
- Work effectively with co-workers, office managers and other professionals
- Promoting constructive self-reflection, helpful coping techniques, and nurturing relationships.
- Staying warm, engaged, and receptive as you work to facilitate healing
- Be available to practice a minimum of 12 hours/week
- Be available for after school and/or weekend hours;
- Our therapists are employees who get a W2, not independent contractors. One of the biggest advantages of this is that the practice pays a portion of the taxes you would have to pay if you were an independent contractor.
- A flexible schedule with hourly pay. You get to decide what schedule works for your life circumstances. Moreover, the more sessions you complete the more you earn, unlike in a salaried position.
- Beautiful office suites, located in Bronzeville and Hyde Park
- Plentiful referrals
- Weekly supervision
- Total billing and practice management
- On staff referral/intake manager
- Liability insurance reimbursement
If interested in this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter. In your cover letter describe your current employment situation, what interests you in this position, and any qualifications you have for the position that are not covered in your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $60,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Master’s (Required)
- LPC, LCSW, LCPC (Required)
Work Location: Two south side Chicago locations, plus telehealth
Send Us Your Resume!
Please do not send us any confidential information through this form. Our policy is to respond to emails as soon as we can. If this is an emergency, dial 911.