Help When You Need it Most
Behavioral problems are complex, but guidance and support can help.
Are you having trouble responding to your child’s behavior? Do you wonder how to hold your child accountable and set appropriate boundaries? Do your child’s behavioral problems impact their performance at school? Are you at a loss trying to help your child overcome their behavioral challenges?
A Welcoming & Compassionate Space to Promote Growth and Development
Behavioral challenges in children and adolescents are complex. It’s natural for parents and other caregivers to assume the problem results from a lack of discipline, but things may be more complex than that. We at City Counseling, believe that all behavior has meaning. The causes are often multifaceted and can manifest in various ways, including severe temper tantrums, social withdrawal, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, self-harm, poor academic performance, and aggression. Counseling for behavioral challenges is designed to help your child or teen understand their behaviors and practice responding in new ways to their feelings.
Therapy can help with challenging behaviors, such as:
- Self-injury (biting their hand, banging their head, cutting, etc.)
- Aggression (such as hitting, kicking, punching, etc.)
- Destroying property (like breaking or throwing things)
- Food problems (such as eating items that are not food or eating disorders)
- Not following rules or boundaries
- Tantrums and self-regulation
- Difficulties with school
- And more
Therapy can help:
- Create practical systems that work to support the values of the family.
- Learn how to repair strained child/parent relationships, through process, reflection, and modeling.
- Develop effective communication skills to avoid future power struggles, name-calling, and other unproductive communication practices
- Your children work to explore and achieve understanding into their behaviors to help work towards cooperation and healthy decision making
- Develop health coping mechanisms and calming strategies to decrease and manage aggressive and destructive impulses
City Counseling Center
If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to conquer your child’s challenges, you are not alone. The mental health professionals at City Counseling Center are dedicated to helping your child identify and overcome the obstacles impacting their life. From behavioral challenges to processing trauma or loss, regardless of what your child is dealing with, we are here to help you through the difficulties.